- To provide a supplementary Feeding Programme that assists government in its human resource development with particular emphasis on promoting food security and good nutrition in the vulnerable groups of the school population.
- Provide a nutritional supplement to children attending pre and primary educational institutions.
- To assist in reducing the incidence and prevalence of malnutrition by supplying approximately 1/3 of the students' Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA).
- Through the Nutrition Support Programme schools are supplied with a food basket:
|Pre Primary Food Basket||Primary/Multi-Purpose|
|Full cream milk||full cream milk|
he schools supplied additional food items i.e. vegetables, seasonings, ground provisions etc. to complement lunch menus
2. Supply of deep-freezes, cookers, refrigerators, other small electrical appliances and kitchen tools and utensils.