The Ministry of Education/Hodder Education Grade 6 Writing competition draws to a close on Wednesday, 18th January, 2023 with the finals and closing ceremony.
The competition saw thirty- nine (39) schools across seven zones in the preliminary round vie for ten places in the finals. This year’s finalists are:
- Jeniah Carr - Bequia Seventh Day Adventist Primary School
- Zahandra Roberts - Kingstown Preparatory School
- Kajj Murray - Windsor Primary School
- Crystal Webb- Evesham Methodist School
- Xavontea Deane - Lower Bay Inc.
- Victoria Lewis - Buccament Government School
- Osei Abbott - Georgetown Government School
- Tyra Danzine - Questelles Government School
- Sache Ann Weekes - Cane End Government School
- Keya Stay - Lowmans Leeward Anglican School
The students will first write their pieces at the Curriculum Development Unit Conference Room at 9 a.m. then the winners will be announced at the Closing Ceremony at Frenches House in the afternoon at 1:30; where the winners will also read their pieces. Other prizes compliment Hodder Education will be awarded at the closing ceremony.
Ciana Nelson of the Buccament Government School was last year’s winner.