Over 30 early childhood leaders from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines are set to participate in a two-day capacity-building forum under the OECS Programme for Educational Advancement and Relevant Learning (PEARL).
The Vincentian participants include administrators and educators within the early childhood subsector, as well as representatives of the National Association of Early Childhood Educators (NAECE) and other relevant stakeholders. The local contributors will join their regional counterparts to share ideas and views on the theme “Understanding and supporting psychosocial well-being” and are expected to do the following:
- Reflect on the factors that have eroded psychosocial well-being in children and adults.
- Learn about recent challenges to psychosocial well-being in children and adults and consider how those struggling with psychosocial well-being may feel and act.
- Discuss strategies to enhance the psychosocial well-being of children and adults.
- Develop a stronger Community of Practice; and
- Design a plan of action regarding understanding, supporting and enhancing psychosocial well-being that will be built into their 2023-2024 work plans.
The upcoming Leaders Forum has been organized by the Education Development Management Unit of the OECS Commission in collaboration with the ministries of education in the four member-states participating in the OECS PEARL; namely Dominica, Grenada, Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
The form is the second of its kind, offering support to leaders in early childhood education across the four member-states in a blended mode of delivery. The key note speeches will be presented by Clinical Psychologists Aretha Cooper of Saint Lucia and Grenadian Shawnna Thomas-Cuffie.
The OECS Early Childhood Leaders Forum takes place on Tuesday, 28th February and Wednesday, 1st March, 2023 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. daily at the Frenches House in Kingstown.